Monday, May 7, 2012

Travel Peru


Lately my expectations for travel have been very low. In Houston, we were stranded on the tarmac for two and a half hours. In Peru any bus ride is guaranteed to be unpleasant.  Even the taxi rides are stressful.  Arriving alive is my most important expectation (which sometimes is in question in Peru), after that everything else is a bonus. 

As a result these low expectations are creating more satisfaction.  

I heard that TACA Airlines was the worst airline in Peru. I expected to be crammed, uncomfortable, and probably delayed.  But instead TACA upgraded us to first-class. It was the most enjoyable flight I have ever been on. 

Taking the train from Puno to Cusco, I didn’t expect more then beautiful scenery. The trip was anything but bourgeois. There was a five-course meal, a live band, with dancers, teatime, a fashion show, and observation car with free beverages. Oh, and also the bathrooms were real clean, which is not normal in Peru.






No comments: