Wednesday, December 28, 2011

JC Penney

Saturday night went from being classy to crazy in only a few minutes.

At the checkout counter in JC Penney’s, I waited with anticipation.

Brittany and I had just completed a shopping spree.  For the first time in my life I didn’t look at the prices because it didn’t matter.  I didn’t care and Brittany didn’t care. We picked outfits out for each other.

For Brittany, I selected a red South Pole jacket covered with diamonds,  hot pink skinny jeans, and because Brittany likes accessories, an orange scarf, feather earrings, a feather necklace, and a feather hair band. I feel like the feathers really made the outfit.

Brittany wasn’t as kind when she selected my attire for the evening. She picked out a pair of blue patterned pajama pants, a salmon colored dress shirt, a penguin tie, a scarf, and a Russian styled winter hat. In my opinion the pants really complement the rest of my garments. 

After checking out, we went straight to the restroom to put our new garb on! Reemerging from the restroom, I looked like a mismatched bum and Brittany looked like an exotic bird. I don’t know about you, but I would rather be an exotic bird.

From there we made our way to the photo booth. A couple walks by us, the girl takes a second glance.  It feels like everyone is looking at us.

Did I mention that the tags are still on our clothes?

In the photo booth, it feels safe behind the curtains.  The machine doesn’t accept our ten dollar bill; we play paper-rock- scissors to determine who must break it. Brittany loses.

Brittany goes to five different stores, each one denies her. One clerk looked her up and down, in the worst possible way. Brittany concludes that it’s because she looks like a psychopath and returns to the photo booth defeated.

To break the ten dollar bill, we head to the food court to buy a soda.

The fear of being suspected as a shoplifter is over whelming. 


With the cash in hand, we get our picture taken. We change back into our original clothes and returned everything to JC Penney.


2 comments:

EMILY STAR said...

Because you can do that!!!!!!!!!! Hahah you guys are amazing!

Miss Jehle said...

You picked a winner of a girlfriend! This looks like a fun time. We have to catch up soon, friend!