Sunday, December 18, 2011

Retreat to Australia





This week I moved. I hate moving but sometimes it is necessary. My new housing arrangement is most certainly more affordable.  

I feel like my life is a game of Risk.  Right now, I am retreating to Australia. Usually Australia is a good place to build up your armies, while your enemies kill each other.

I need that right now, I still have that house in Syracuse. I don’t see an end in sight. I might have it for a while and I feel like I need to be prepared to weather whatever finical storm this house could bring.

“If the iron dice must roll, may God help us.”

German Chancellor, Theobald von Bethmann-Hollweg, 1914

8 comments:

Emily Star said...

that is a classy man's room.

kessia reyne said...

May Australia give you the retreat you need :)

Carley Brown said...

So are you really in Australia?? This is all a big metaphor analogy right? And you are most certainly correct. Life is just a big game of risk.

Dylan Wren said...

Oh no, no real Australia, just a metaphor.

Brittany said...

Tell you what.. you can have austrailia.. I want the rest of the world.. i'll just be nice and let you keep austrailia.

Brittany said...

Tell you what.. you can have austrailia.. I want the rest of the world.. i'll just be nice and let you keep austrailia.

Dylan Wren said...

Please Brittany, I would kill you in the end!

Ben Schnell said...

God bless