Saturday, May 7, 2011

Consecrate

TIME IS RAPIDLY PASSING INTO ETERNITY. Let us not keep back from God that which is His own. Let us not refuse Him that which, though it cannot be given with merit, cannot be denied without ruin. HE ASK FOR A WHOLE HEART; GIVE IT TO HIM; IT IS HIS; BOTH BY CREATION AND BY REDEMPTION. HE ASK FOR YOUR INTELLECT; GIVE IT TO HIM; IT IS HIS. HE ASK FOR YOUR MONEY; GIVE IT TO HIM; IT IS HIS....He asked us to be absolutely and completely for Him in this world as He is for us in the presence of God.

-Acts of the Apostles, pg. 566

1 comment:

kessia reyne said...

whoa. I think I need to read that about 8 more times.

What does it mean to give him my intellect? How can I fully give him my money? And how do we fully give Him our hearts?

"Take my heart, Lord, for I cannot give it. It is Thy property. Keep it pure, for I cannot keep it for Thee..." Steps to Christ.