Sunday, April 3, 2011

Yeo SLO!


It is 11pm, I hear Randy in the bedroom next to me making his wife, Lynnette laugh. She laughs like it is the fist time she has met Randy, but I know its not, their children are just as old as I. In the hallway there is a picture of the first time they met, as juniors in academy. I don’t speculate that they have been far from each other since that moment.

I am intrigued by their life together. I don’t know many people that married their high school sweet heart. It seems to be the trend today, to wait. Some of us wait to graduate; others wait to start their career. Like, maybe many of you, I am waiting too, anxiously believing that there is this perfect person out there, which is also waiting for me. In the waiting, I am afraid that we are missing out on the joy of growing together.

I think the idea of this perfect person is foolish! No matter who you are with, they will never measure up to that imaginary person you are determined to compare them with. The unreal idea that there are countless options out there, coupled with readily available information about all the candidates is overwhelming. In reality maybe the perfect person, only becomes just that, when you make the commitment to spend the rest of your life with them?

7 comments:

Nicholas said...

bold assertion. bold and beautiful.

Miss Jehle said...

The Yeos are so beautiful!

kessia reyne said...

there's wisdom there, dylan.

Ben Schnell said...

I've been thinking similar thoughts, but not so well articulated. maybe we overemphasize compatibility? what if we're all incompatible, and we should just look for someone who is a little bit less incompatible.

Justin Jones said...

whoa. this is good.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love this blog. Thanks, Amanda ;)
-lynnette

Sadie said...

Well said. You are a good writer Dylan and an even better thinker.