Friday, April 29, 2011

Thinking, Analyzing, & Worrying

I am trying to make things happen and in the process I am worrying a lot. Sleeplessness invades my nights, I toss and I a turn, playing every scenario over in my head. I am worried about money. I am worried that I will not find a job. I worry that I am not good enough. I worry about the house. I think about the paint on the house. I think about the floors in the house. I think about who will buy the house. I think about the windows in the house. I think a lot about the house! I think a lot about a host of things, whom will I marry? Is my car going to make it another year? I just want to stop thinking!

I try to stop thinking, so I talk to God. But talking to God doesn’t stop my thinking.

Echoes of angels beckon me, rest it is the Sabbath. And then I realize, I ONLY HAVE ONE RESPONSIBILITY AND THAT IS TO KNOW GOD, NOTHING COULD MATTER MORE! All of the things I worry about, are things I want to do for God. It is not my responsibly to make any of these things happen. I just have to surrender. Sometimes I get too consumed in what I want to offer God, that I forget to just spend time with Him.

“To obey God, we must love Him, and to know Him, we must spend time with Him, at His feet learning who He really is.

The better we know God, the more we will love Him, the more we love Him, the better we will serve Him. Genuine service for God can only spring from a genuine knowledge of Him.” –Doug Batchelor

9 comments:

TaraB said...

Dylan, you are good at bringing it back to God. I love that about you.

Elisa said...

yeah

Ben Schnell said...

what an encouragement

kessia reyne said...

This is a great reminder, Dylan!

Justin Jones said...

surrender. nothing is harder. nothing is more important. thanks for the honest and important words.

Nicholas said...

grand slam

Miss Jehle said...

Maybe you should think about coming to visit TN. Just make sure that I'll be here.

Dylan Wren said...

Amanda, I was just thinking that I wanted to make a trip to Southern! Maybe in the next few months? That could be good for the heart!

Emily Star said...

Thumbs up.