Monday, April 11, 2011

Progress & Surprise

The past feels safe, while the future always tends to entertain uncertainty. I feel it, right now! I feel insecure and unsure about my immediate future. I wonder will I secede at flipping and selling another house? Will I find a job? Will I have enough money? How will I move from this moment to the next? I close my eyes, trying to recreate and cling to moments in my mind when I felt sureness and confidence. I think about Prague, Florida Hospital, and academy. I think about summer camp and colporteuring. And in this moment, I realize that none of these experiences were secure or sure at the time, they are only safe now because I have lived them. We have nothing to fear for the future, except, as we shall forget the way the Lord has led us, and His teaching in our past history. “ Life Sketches, 196

3 comments:

Emily Star said...

So right on the money Dylan. I'm praying for you. You got heart and vision, and also you have a spirit of living that evades many. I can't wait to see what will unveil.

Justin Jones said...

YEA! This really resonates with me for some reason.

nance said...

I believe in you