Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Different Kind of Happy

Today, I am quitting my job at The Home Depot for the second time!

My letter of resignation went something like this:

To whom it may concern,

February 24th, 2011 will be my last day of employment at The Home Depot.

"Live Free or Die"

Associate 12734497

Of course there was a little more to it, but you get the idea. I thought that it was humorous but my manger didn't laugh one bit. He suggested that I amend the letter to say that I would like a job when I return.

Tomorrow morning, I will be joining Emily Wilkens on her book tour, African Rice Heart! We will be traveling all across the country visiting academies, universities, and churches to share the book with them.

Read the book! Share the book with your friends! And most certainly, my favorite of the three, quote the book!

I am happy but gloomy. I am afraid to let go, but excited to move on. There is a feeling of anxiety mixed with hope and joy in my heart. I have enjoyed security and comfort and now I must trade them in for growth and life.

This last month, I went to the doctor, had my eyes examined, got new glasses, had my teeth cleaned, and had a complete blood profile done. Good news is I am pretty healthy, bad news is that I am trading my health insurance in for a first aid kit.

I have said it once and I will say it again "life is for living!"

4 comments:

Emily Star said...

Oh boy, in about an hour-we will have a little celebration....:)

Miss Jehle said...

Dylan, I like the way you live. Come see me soon!

Miss Jehle said...

P.S. Have you seen Sweet Land? Your title made me think of it.

Anonymous said...

good reasons
good idea
good practice

go ye therefore and adventure