Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bone Face


I woke up with horror this morning! I heard voices in the kitchen. I remembered a story about Ben Schnell sleeping in at the Fisher’s house. Apparently, he slept in till noon, no one woke him up, but everyone wondered, “Where is Ben? Is he sick?”

The Fishers get up early and if you sleep in you miss half the experience. Thinking that I might have missed breakfast or even worst, they might be leaving for church, I jumped out of bed! To my relief it was only Deb and the twins, no one was dressed for church and no one had even come close to eating.

Anna and Madeline named a cow Bone Face. To their surprise they discovered later that Bone Face is actually a girl!

I admire the Fishers. Everyone in their family has such sense of duty. They are so hospitable and mission minded.

Today, in church this guy named Buddy Baker, who is probably about 80 years old, got up in front of the church family and told some jokes. He was hilarious! The Bristow Church is just like the Fisher family only bigger.

In the car, Emily cries, “I am having a caffeine with withdraw!” She then proceeds to drink her day old coffee, like its no big deal?

At dinner, Emily and Luke where talking about Chad. Engaged in the conversation, Mrs. Fisher says, “I think that a girl from Union went to Chad? What was her name? Janna, Janna Buttrick, do you know her?” I reply, “yes, I know her.” Emily, burst into laughter! No one else at the table makes the connection and no one ask. We continue eating.

8 comments:

JannaB. said...

HAHA =) I think its funny that not even Luke noticed... he knows that we dated, ect. lol.

TaraB said...

There are several things here I'd like to comment on. But for now I think telling you that I tried to send you an email the other day and realized I don't have your address. Can we remedy this please?

TaraB said...

That's not proper sentence structure... but you know what I mean.

Elisa said...

So did bone face get renamed? Buddy is funny even when not telling jokes.

Wren Bird said...

Bone Face didn't get renamed!

BrittanyK said...

Having shared our first true Fisher Family experience makes me appreciate your second even more. Truly, an amazing family.

MissionSK said...

This was the first time I heard Buddy tell the jokes..... I love our church and how it is united!

Ben Schnell said...

I slept in till noon!! I don't even remember that but I believe you. That is a fun family, for sure.