Sunday, July 18, 2010

Grand Traverse

The transcontinental trip is over.

While on the road I visited over 20 friends, traveled through two countries and 19 states. I traversed mountains, prairies, deserts, and coastlines.

I mailed around 35 postcards.

I visited five national parks, slept in the car four nights, went to the Pacific three times, ate at In-N-Out twice, and had one job offer.

My car consumed 33 tanks of gas, with an average price of $36.88 per tank. The most expensive gas was in the Mojave Desert at $3.60 a gallon (Thanks for picking that one up Amanda). The cheapest gas was $2.45 in Boonville, MO.

I was on the road for about six weeks. I crossed the Continental Divide six times. The Fishers have six kids. And I have six friends in Seattle.

My suitcase had a range of 11 days, with a spare pair of underwear.

My car had three oil changes, in Montana it had two engine lights on, and one tire rotation.

The trip cost an estimated $2,667.72, that’s an average of $59.28 a day (including car maintenance). In comparison my trip to Australia cost an estimated $2,789 with an average of $232.41 a day.

I was in one wedding; Emily and Tara ate 20 chicken nuggets, and Maranatha has two cats.

I turned 26 on June 21st and celebrated my birthday at mile marker 5,220 (West Memphis, AR).

I created 30 blog posts, in a series titled Beautiful America, and this will be the final post. I hope that you have enjoyed it.

MILEPOST: 11,390

LINCOLN, NEBRASKA

5 comments:

Elisa said...

=good memories

Carley Brown said...

Your such an adventurer! way to be! I liked reading your trip 'by the numbers' good stuff

Miss Jehle said...

It was very satisfying to read the average price for a tank of gas. But what I really want to know is what was the average gas mileage...

TaraB said...

Don't act like you didn't eat a chicken nugget Dylan Wren.

In other news, I look forward to more adventures soon enough! Come to Tennesseeeeeee!

JannaB. said...

This was definitely an EPIC adventure Big. Glad that you were able to escape the man and live your life with your friends. Super proud of you for following the way of God and not the way of the World. You're on a good path friend. :)