Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Team Depot


I feel like the people at Home Depot are extremely proud of me. Darren, the department head of paint, told me that his entire Bible study group, thought what I was doing was really cool and that they were praying for me. Jesse in flooring made me a lightweight stove. Brian, the master electrician, told me that he wished that he could do something like this. His girlfriend had been doing some research on travel so he shared with me her findings. Even my boss, Xee has been very supportive and encouraging.

My last day at Home Depot was sad and sober, not how I imagined it was going to be. I liked the people I worked with.

Right now, I am cold and wet. There is a hole in my tent. It has been raining all night and isn’t expected to stop raining for the next three days. The closest shelter is 6.4 miles away and I am lacking motivation.

I wish Cole, my best work friend, would just bring me a fresh apple turnover and I could just sit in the comfort of my office, with the space heater on, while reading my e-mails.

But that is not reality! I am going to get up and do this for Tony Pella (one of my best supporters) and all my other friends at Home Depot. Bon voyage, I will see you on the other side.

Milepost: 1,777

POIA LAKE, MONTANA

1 comment:

Miss Jehle said...

Adventure is rarely comfortable. Hope you're ready for some more!