Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lonely Loon

The lonely loon wails in the distance, as the sunsets on another day in the backwoods. I feel like the lonely Loon.

The days are really long and the nights are really dark. There are a lot of strange sounds that I have never heard before. It is e

asy to scare yourself at night, if you think too much about it.

Time is slow and I am impatient. I came out here telling myself that I had no agenda. I am realizing that I was lying.

I am here to know God more. Somewhere in my subconscious, I clearly translated that into, God is going to tell me everrrrything!

Well, we are not in Heaven yet and everrrything might be a little too overwhelming, especially for the slimly squid, I am.

I am really slimly! I have the privilege of spending all this time with the Creator of the universe. Yet, I find myself secretly wishing this were over. Sovereign and majestic is our Lord and He wants to spend this time with me, a slimy squid? This is incomprehensible to me. I don’t have to be like the lonely loon. I am in the presence of my Savoir, in His natural sanctuary, surrounded with angelic host, beckoning me into God’s embrace. What a fool, I have been.

Milepost: 1,503

WEST GLACIER, MONTANA

1 comment:

Carley Brown said...

Its beautiful there!