Monday, June 28, 2010

Fisher Farms









“Discover the excellence,” is what the Oklahoma welcome sign suggest to its visitors. When I read that, I thought to myself what a joke.
My grandparents live in Northwest Arkansas, right by the boarder of OK. As long as I can remember, there has been some kind of unspoken stigma against the state, with my relatives. I am not really sure where it stems from but I will admit that they did pass it on to me.
Visiting the Fisher Farm changed that perspective forever. The Fishers are very proud of their state. After they took me to the musical Oklahoma and I shucked corn with the family, I too am proud of OK.
The Fishers are really great; I had such a good time with them. I feel like their family really is a reflection of Heaven. They work really hard with their hands. There is something to be said about working with dirt and plants-that was the Gods original plan for man. They are really close to each other and offer hospitality to everyone that visits them.
Ooook-lahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain!!!

MILEPOST: 5,508
SLICK, OKLAHOMA

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Yeah! It was fun. I am so glad that you got to visit a place I love so much. Arkansas can be pleasant but Oklahoma is excellent! Good memories.

Emily said...

Good PR work for a good state. Oops, I mean a GREAT state! It was fun having you guys here- come back!