Saturday, June 26, 2010

ATL Breakdown

















































The dirty south is alive and well in Atlanta. The heat and humidity is suffocating. The charters on Peach Street look like they just got off the set of a BET music video. The traffic is very aggressive, when it is moving. But more importantly, Atlanta is the home of the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial. As many of you know, MLK Day is one of my favorite holidays. So of course I wanted to pay tribute to the King.

After visiting the exhibits at the General Conference. We were all excited to visit the King but unfortunately we found ourselves stranded in the parking lot of the Georgia Dome. This turned into an ordeal. We spent at least four hours trying to get the car started, (thankfully the car wasn’t mine). By the time we got the car started it was too late.


Milepost: 4,705
ATLANTA, GEORGIA

2 comments:

BrittanyK said...

I don't know how I feel about being in a picture on your blog with the title "dirty south". But I guess, we'll blame it on the ATL. :)

Elisa said...

Oh dear, I'm sad that I missed out on the second Andrews globe photograph.